A Chain Block (also known as a hand chain hoist) is a mechanism used to lift and lower heavy loads using a chain. Chain blocks contain two wheels which the chain is wound around. When the chain is pulled, it winds around the wheels and begins to lift the item that is attached to the rope or chain via a hook. Chain Blocks can also be attached to lifting slings or chain bags to lift the load more evenly.
How Does a Chain Block Work?
A Chain Block contains a lifting chain, a hand chain and a grabbing hook. Most chain blocks are operated using electricity, but manual chain blocks can be used too. First, the chain block needs to be connected to the load via the grabbing hook. Then when the hand chain is pulled, the chain tightens its grip on the wheel and forms a loop inside the mechanism causing a tension which lifts the load from the ground.
What is a Chain Block used for?
Due to its lifting capabilities, Chain Blocks are commonly used in garages where they are able to remove engines from cars easily. Because they can be operated by one person, Chain Blocks are a wonderfully efficient way to complete jobs which may have taken more than two workers to do.
Chain Blocks are also used on construction sites where they can lift loads from the higher levels, in assembly line factories to lift items to and from the belt and sometimes even to winch cars from a treacherous terrain.
Chain Blocks come in a variety of different capacities making them suitable for a wide range of operations. Here at SafetyLiftinGear, we stock Chain Blocks with lifting capacities of up to 20tonnes.
Chain Block Catalog:
- Hot Sale HSZ-C 3 Ton 5 Ton Pulley Chain Block Hs Type Chain Block
- Super Quality Manual Hoist Lifting Block 3 Ton Chain Hoist
- Factory Direct Supply 5T 10 Ton Manual Lever Hoist G80 Lift Chain Block Manual Chain Hoist Hand Manual Chain Pulley Block Hoist
- China Factory Good Quality 1Ton Manual Chain Hoist 2T Chain Block
- Popular Vital Model Chain Block With High Quality
- Tech VB Type Chain Block
- Tech Top Quality Chain Block
- CE Certified Standard Manual Chain Block
- Commercial Manual Chain Block Round Shape